Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a real friend

a real friend will read your blog post and then send you this:
(i am not putting the person's name for their sake)

"I think u have a great talent u have a really good way for words, I wish I could write like u cuz I usually just talk in circles tongue but I think u should spend more time on focusing on everything u have accomplishedsmile cuz u have a lot u should be proud of, and just because some of the things u want to happen haven't happened yet doesn't mean they're never gonna happen it will happen if u really want it, and when I was 12 I thought that by now I would have my own fkn dinosaur tongue what I mean is, when were younger we build things up tremedously in our heads and it'll take much more than we think so don't be so hard on urself cuz ur not the 12 year old justine anymore, growing up everyone changes, and u have a lot to be proud of"

and you know what? he's totally right. so i wanted to write this little blog post to post about all the things my twelve year old self would pat myself on the back for:
- for being published.... twice!
- for winning an 1000$ journalism scholarship!
- for actually getting through high school with all the shit and making it out
- for not being too scared to walk across that graduation stage and go "WOOOOO!!!" out loud
- for always staying true to myself
- for producing two newspapers with a class of grade six students
- for passing my first year of cegep

and the last thing that 12 year old me would be really proud of, and i am really lucky to have are a couple really really great friends, who read my posts without me asking them to, who are there for me who make me laugh and smile, i love you guys so much and you mean the world to me.

love always,
jus ,<3 div="div">