Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ode To Mother Earth - poem by jus

Dear world, my name is Justine.
I stand before you, asking you,
begging you, to teach me, how to be.

I stand before your oceans,
hoping they will teach me how to go with the flow, and rest calmly.
hoping they can teach me how to reach other people from different places

I sit before your flowers,
praying they can teach me how to open up and blossom
praying i can learn how to push through to create something beautiful.

I sit before your grass,
praying it can teach me how to push through,
praying that after every winter they can teach me not to give up.

I stand before you your trees,
hoping they will teach me how to stand tall
praying they can teach me how to hold my ground.

I stare at all your roots,
wishing they would teach me to find mine,
believing they can teach me to be strong and unbreakable.

I stand on your mountain tops,
believing that the avalanches will teach me,
teach me how to let go.

I embrace in your warmth,
hoping it can teach me how to be compassionate,
hoping it can teach me how to love.

I stand before your eagles,
hoping they can teach me how to soar,
praying they can teach me to leave the bad behind you.

I watch before your sunsets,
wishing they would teach me how to show myself to the world,
believing they can teach me how to be big.

I sit before your caves,
hoping they can teach me how to see beauty in the dark.

I stand before you, world, planet earth,
hoping you can teach me how to be,
believing you can teach me how to be full of life.

I am here yet I know of nothing,
but you can teach me.