Friday, February 10, 2012

i wore a tux to my dream wedding

So I'm sitting in the GALA room (gay and lesbian association),and I really really love it here. I love that nobody judges anyone on what they like or how they feel or what they do; its just who they are that matters. Buuuuttt, this isn't what I'm writing about.

You know me, I get bothered by everything, and thats why I have a blog right? well, something else got to me a little, and I'm going to write about it :)

So in philosophy, we spoke about the way we were brought up culturally and how we have to do certain things because of what we look like basically. And our main thing was clothing with gender.
AAANNNNYYWAYYYSSS, In school, they're having a "Miss John Abbott" Pageant, where guys dress as chicks and we get to look at it and laugh until we piss our pants at how weird everyone looks.

For some reason (maybe cause im a psycho), this kind of bothers me. Why is it so entertaining to see a guy wearing a dress? Because dresses are for girls! BUUUUTTT, who decided that? Who decided that girls wear skirts and dresses and belly tops and headbands with little hearts and butterflies?
It angers me because we are basically devided in the simplest way, just because our gender, we have to dress differently. And of course, if we see a guy wearing a dress, hes clearly some "fag drag queen" that is inferior to us because he decided he wanted to look different.
Now, I dontwant to go preaching that we should celebrate differences and were all the same on the inside and akk that jazz, because that wont change anything, and neither will what I feel; but I do want to just talk about how I think the decision of this gender split with clothing is just so ridiculous.

And for me to say that, someone who strongly believes a woman SHOULDNT be president, is a big thing. I want to promote equality for what we dress like, not what we do. When we walk into a store, we are imediately split up from the other gender because they aren't selling at all the same things in both sections. I find that completely unnatural and unfair.

I just think that getting entertained by people dressing differently is totally the opposite of what people have always promoted. If we celebrate difference and people being who they are and all that crap, then doing this stupid event is basically making fun of the people who dress that way for FUN. I mean its a bunch of big guys, probably jocks and assholes who think their HILLARIOUS, dressing as chicks to make fun of females. And imagine the people who actually are guys who dress as women because that's what makes them happy? Are they allowed to join?

Clothing does not have a gender, it is a peice of cloth that has been manifactured into a style and a colour and a look that someone puts on their bodies to cover up their "private parts".

so thats all i gotta say. pce. :)