Sunday, February 19, 2012

school troubles - learning center

im dying. philosophy is so hard its crazy, english has come to being crazy weird and confusing, and my popular music class is easy, but the book isnt a good read. SOOOO, im dying.
im not literally dying, cause im not going to fail, like theres no way in hell i will, for more than one reason
1. i have an AMAZING tutor for philosophy, whos helping me so much with my essay
2. i cant fail, im not allowed to fail, and i wont let myself fail.

so i wanna tell you about this tutor. i know this sounds weird but i feel like i can't just keep this secret to myself. I don't know where anyone goes for college, but if you end up at John Abbott like me, (and anywhere else because i know every place must have this) you should go to the Learning Center at LEAST once. honestly, i didn't want to go cause im not "stupid" persay, and i didn't want to be babied into understanding something, cause i have "pride" or whatever.
when i finally sucked up my pride because of the 1000 word essay i have to write thats due wednesday, i went to the learning center and said i really need a meeting for this essay. I ended up meeting up with this tutor twice, and to be honest, ive got almost the entire essay done, and i have a couple more meetings set up with this tutor.

honestly, asking for help sucks. especially when you're trying to become someone who helps other people, i hate admitting im wrong because im stubborn and i don't like saying i need help because i want to be able to do things on my own. but at this place, he literally made me do it on my own. he guided me and sooner than later i was just chatting away and had all of these ideas i didnt even know i could come up with.

so, for philosophy, ive got my tutor. for english, fuck english man :p no i love english, and i love my teacher, but she said she would help me and i havnt heard from her, so either ill talk to her in class, or shell answer back by message. and for music, i have a study date with my friend erica next weekend we're going to read all the chapters we're missing, which is like probably chapter 1 to chapter 5 or something. we'll see how it goes, im sure itll be great.

i don't have much else to say, but i wanted to definately write about how things went from bad to better all thanks to me actually giving myself over and saying i needed help.
it sucks to have to suck up and ask, but asking questions is much better than not knowing anything at all, trust me, i feel so much better about school and everything.

thats about all,
and btw, im going to try and write more, and if you ever want to comment, please feel free to comment, or email (justineerinfrankel@hotmail.com) and to subscribe to my blog. i'd love to know more people are reading it, even if they tell me anonymously, because it'll make me want to write more if i know that people actually want to read it :p

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)