Thursday, February 11, 2010

love is forever

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Do you believe in fate?
Do you believe that out there, there is someone for everyone?
Do you believe that you have a soul mate?

If your answers to these questions are yes, then you and I are on the same page. If no, then let me explain to you what will happen in the future..

Everyone is born with a soul mate. Weather you believe in it or not, it is there. Someone, somewhere, is destined to be with you. You might meet them when your 12, or when your 38, but they are out there, looking for you, just like you are looking for them. There can be many other relationships on the way to finding your soul mate, and you might fall in love once or twice, but there is no love like the love of a soul mate, when you know that you have found your other half, your missing piece of the puzzle. You will know when you have found them.

But what if you don't believe in them? We all have the time to say "I'm destined to be alone forever, god wanted me to be single forever." about a billion times, but then we laugh later on about it. But what if you don't laugh? I can say that I've said the "nobody loves me" line about a trillion times, but I know its untrue. I've tried to give up on love, but then that person walks by, and I say to myself "screw giving up, they're hot!".

Trust me, giving up is probably the stupidest thing to ever do. Not only are you giving up on yourself, but you are also giving up on the people who love you. There are people in the world that actually care about you, and want you to be happy, weather you like it or not. And the worst part of giving up, is giving up on your other half.

Think of it this way; If a child is missing, and the parents are searching and searching, and don't find him for a while, they would give up, right? I know that this doesn't compare to love, but if these parents give up, they are not only giving up on themselves, but what about that missing child? They are giving up on their "other half".

So if you decided to completely give up on love, and live a life alone, that's your decision. But think about how your other half is feeling? Searching and searching for you, and since you gave up on them, they ever find you, and they end up living a lonely life, because of what you chose to do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say your a bad person, and I'm not trying to take away your views on life and change them to mine. All I wanted you to do, was hear me out, take what I said into consideration.

I recently watched the modern version of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet". My teacher asked us to answer the following question; Is there any room in today's society for a love story like this?. I was taken by surprise by this question, and it forced me to think. Of course the rest of my class said no right away, but I disagree in a sense

I agree and disagree. The reasons behind this were simply that it isn't possible because of us. We talk so low and treat ourselves so negatively. If we didn't think of ourselves so badly, maybe there would be room for love story's like this. We all say no right away, because we as a society don't think we can handle that kind of pressure. We act as though we are weak and cannot do anything, even love.

I think that if we believed a little more in love, and believed in ourselves, maybe, just maybe, our society would change its views on life. Maybe we would have more love and have more soul mates. Maybe people wouldn't give up so easily.

Also, why do they think that love story's don't happen every day? Sure, not in the same context as Romeo and Juliet, but the same kinds of topics. Think homosexuals for an example. Two people of the same gender are in love, yet they "can't" be together, because of society and because of how badly gay people are treated.

Thats all i gotta say about that..