Monday, April 14, 2014

Cool Girls Like Us

they say its cause,
my music is too loud,
my shirts are to guy-ish
they really arent proud

i resemble a woman,
but i act like a man,
but i dress like one too,
they never understand.

cause my voice it projects,
cause my shirts are too large,
cause i talk about my sexuality,
cause i am in charge. 

its because i dont live for pink,
and i burp at the table,
doesn't mean im not like you,
doesn't mean im not stable.

because i curse way too much,
because i'd smile at a stanger,
because i had a drug phase,
doesnt mean im much danger.

cause i always laugh,
when someone farts,
cause i hangout with guys,
i still have female parts.

just cause i am myself,
i can't be accepted,
but really i am,
it is YOU whos rejected.  

you think we all want you,         
the people like me,
but we watch and we laugh,
you're faker than barbie.

we love who we are,
and we will never change,
the cool girls like us,
we will always be strange.

if that makes me weird,
then i celebrate it,                      
whats the point in being yourself,
if you're just going to hate it?   

learn to love the hate,
that people give you,
all it can mean,
is that you are true.