Monday, April 14, 2014

Good Enough

I actually just finnished writing this poem about a sad experience of rejection i just got. I am very very let down about this, but just as always, writing got me through it. funny enough, i was rejected from a writing program at school... hmmm...

you are not accepted,
is what the letter said,      
we don't want you here,
is what i just read.

but what have i done?
i ask with a cry. 
you're just not good enough,
they say with a sigh.

from childhood up,
i tried my absolute best,
i studied real hard,
and i passed every test.

but why cant i go further?
is the question i ask,
but they assume i am not,
fit for such a task.

i'll do my very best,
i'd promised i'd try,
but im just not good enough,
and i wouldn't get by.

i just want a chance,
to show i am right,
for a place in your class,
i know i am bright.         

i tried and i tried,
theyre choice didnt change,
i guess my stuff isnt good enough,
i guess my writings too strange.

i know i am weird,
i know i don't fit in,
i only can write,
of the places i've been.

i guess i'm not creative,
i guess i'm not smart,
i guess they have no idea,
what to call art.

they don't even know me,
my strength and my want,
these are not qualities,
i particularily flaunt.

they cannot judge me,
or say i'm not good,
for if they read some more,
theyd change their minds, they would.

just because I write simply,
doesnt mean I write poor,
my writings have passion,
they have meaning, they have more.

i know i am good enough,
theyre stupid if they can't see.
i might not be good enough for them,
but i am good enough for me.

the end