Monday, April 7, 2014

Goodnight Reality; poems by jus

I wrote this poem, entitled Goodnight Reality, about a dream I had a while back- not to be confused with an experience of mine or anyone I know.

I sat there and talked,
my family all around,
i sat there and talked,
and nobody made a sound.    

some kid came and pointed,
"theres nobody there,
you look pretty stupid,
the other kids are starting to stare".

i looked up and laughed,
"right there is my friend,
and there is another"    
the kid did not comprehend          

"thats my mom, thats my dad,
they live up in heaven,      
and right there is my brother,
they died when i was seven"

"you may not see them,
but thankfully I do,
they come down to visit,
i know it is true"

one big kid came up,
sat right infront of me,
"so im sitting on one?"
he mocked out with glee.

"thats my mom!" i screamed, 
i ran away and cried,
why does nobody understand,
that i had not lied.               

these ghosts are real,
i see them all day,
they follow me around,
teach me what to do and say.

although i am orphaned,
i am not alone,
for one day i'll go to them,
in their heavenly home.

ill tell them i miss them,
each and every day,
but i wont anymore,
cause im there to stay.

i got my chair and my rope,
and with it a big frown,
for i'll miss my friends here,
but in memories i drown.

i hung myself up,
i tied the rope tight,
goodmorning to my family,
to reality, goodnight.