Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Perfect Christmas Present - Poem

This poem guys, might be one of my best. I wrote it for the love of my life, and I felt so inspired and full of love, that I felt the need to write it, not just the want. My favorite thing in the world, is feeling like i need to write, and having the subject matter to do so. so, here it goes, i hope you guys love it as much as i do!!!

The Perfect Christmas Present
by: Justine Frankel (I only do this so everyone knows and if anyone ever steals im like boom bitch its right here my name - plus I have the scribblings of me writing it in my notebook)

It's Christmastime but yet I felt,
A little sad and blue,
When Santa asked me what I wanted,
I wasn't sure what to do.

I told him little things I liked,
But he said he didn't care,
For the perfect Christmas gift is something,
Magical and rare.

He laughed a mighty laugh,
Put me on his lap with a lift,
And he said “Tell me young Justine,
What's your perfect Christmas gift?”

What's the perfect Christmas gift?
Oh, that's easy for me,
It's one that doesn't come gift wrapped,
Or put under the tree.

It's one I've wanted for a long time,
I've waited since last year,
It's something that's too big for paper,
I hold it very dear.

It's not something just anyone can get,
Because there's only one,
It's something that can take the rain,
And turn it into sun.

I think about it every night,
It's all I want and more,
To have one Christmas day without it,
Would really be a bore.

It's smile shines so brightly,
Just like a Christmas star,
And it has a heart so sweet and big,
That you see it from afar.

It's the greatest give in the world,
I think you would agree,
Because my gift is heaven sent,
And delivered just for me.

If I could put it under a tree,
And neatly on the floor,
It's only wrapping would be my arms,
Cause it is what I adore.

And when I finally open it,
I'll never let it go,
I'll kiss it on its Christmas lips,
Under the mistletoe.

I said to Santa “you must be curious,
About this Christmas present.
I'm sure by now you've guessed the one,
That will make me rather pleasant”

He smiled and said “I know the one,
The perfect Christmas surprise.
But go now young one, go meet with him,
And then you'll claim your prize”

I got the courage and now I'm here,
To tell you what I want.
It's not a toy, or jewelry,
Not clothes that I can flaunt.

For me, the perfect Christmas gift,
Will last me all year through,
To me, the greatest gift of all,

Is being here with you.